Friday 28 January 2011

Introduction

Choosing Brief

Taken from the A Level OCR Media Studies Specification, ‘When centres choose briefs to offer to candidates, they should be guided by their strengths in terms of resources and expertise. Centres should also bear in mind the key areas: forms and conventions, production contexts, the role of technologies, audiences/users and representations.’

The production element and presentation of research, planning and evaluation may be individual or group work (in this case I have chosen a group of 4.)

You will need to produce:
  • A media portfolio, comprising a main and ancillary texts;
  • A presentation of your research, planning and evaluation in electronic format(s)

You may choose from the following main texts:

    • Music Video
    • Advert
    • Documentary
    • Computer/Video Game
The first objective towards completing my A2 Media Studies Coursework was choosing which project I wanted to do. Firstly I thought about which project interested me the most and creating an advertisement has always been something I have wanted to tackle. Also I needed to consider which project would allow me to display all of my knowledge and skills that I have learnt and picked up in the last two years studying Media. With both of these aspects in mind, I decided to go along with creating an advert.

My project brief was now to; create a promotion package for a new advert with a long online version and a short TV commercial version, together with two of the following three options:

  • An advertisement poster
  • A Web Pop-up Ad 
  • A Radio advert

I decided to create a Radio Advert and a Web Pop-up Ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment